I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence): If green card is obtained based on marriage to a US citizen, it is generally subject to the conditions of residence. The green card is valid only for a period of two years except the I-485 is filed later than two years of marriage. Within three months before the end of the two-year period, such green card holder must submit a petition to remove the conditions of residence. Failure to do so will result in revocation of the permanent residence. Extensive evidence is usually required to demonstrate the bona-fide marriage relationship through common residence and co-mingling financial resources during the past two years of marriage, including: 1) documentation showing joint ownership of property; 2) a lease showing joint tenancy of common residence; 3) documentation showing commingling of financial resources; 4) birth certificates of a child; 5) affidavits of third parties having knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship; 6) other documentation establishing that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade the immigration laws of the U.S.


Yang & Associates, LLP has offices in Silicon Valley area, California and Downtown Chicago, Illinois. It specializes in immigration law and provides comprehensive immigration legal services to individuals, businesses, and universities. It is dedicated to providing the highest quality services with a competitive fee schedule. Its attorneys have handled hundreds of EB-1A, EB-1B, NIW, PERM, H-1B, L-1, O-1, EB-5, I-485, I-130, J-1 waiver and other types of immigration cases. If you have any questions or need a free case evaluation, please contact our attorneys at: info@eLawToday.com.

Home | Services | Testimonials | Blog | Attorneys | Contact Us